Unmentionable (Part 1)

Every human must have got into trouble in their life. Trouble exist to make us better, if we think it further and can solve it with all of high uncomplaining. However, the most of people do not want to be trapped in some troubles. They want to be free and enjoy their life very much, though almost all successful people achieve their dreams after pass so many kind of trouble. One of their troubles is to express what they want to be. Maybe they are shy or afraid about other people argument about their dreams. If we rethinking once more how do we know about their dreams if they are not brave to express it directly to us? How can it become true if they still keep in their heart secretly? This trouble was happened to a girl named Diana Arifiani.


Diana was the third grade of senior high school student. She was retiring with others. She likes studying all about English. Unfortunately, her life journey was not good enough. You know, that was like when you go to somewhere, you think that the place that you want to go to is really your destination. However, when you found something that did not pleasurable, you want to turn back to the place where you were supposed to be. Can you imagine it? Have no many friends, have no many talents, and have no much bravery. What a cheerless life.

Sometimes she wanted to know something that you were expected about living in this world whether it was money or gold or something other reasons. She felt sad along her experience in senior high school because almost all her friends did not respect to her so much. She had no close friend in her school, but there was a man that always curious about her, named Damar Pratama. Damar often sees Diana’s frown face. Damar always pays more attention to her than other friends, because he felt that Diana needed a friend to share her sadness. However, he sometimes confused to invite Diana having chat in school because their friends always put on them. And finally he tried to have a chat with Diana outside the school.

It was Friday afternoon. Diana walked along the street to go home. She was alone against the wind direction. Leaves fall accompanied her journey and it was going to rain. Over and over again she looked unwell. Suddenly, a man called her from the behind she walked.

“Diana!” He was calling out her loud. Diana was looking back to him. She knew that he was Damar, but she was ignoring his call. Diana made her walk faster.

“Hey stop walking, Diana!” Damar was calling out her back louder and make his walk faster too until he was in the front of Diana.

“What do you want? I wanna go home, you’re putting on me!” Diana looked so sick of Damar.

“I know you want to go home. But… why you don’t give much time to let me speak? Please.”

“Speak of what?” Diana was looking away from Damar.

“Huff… okay, I want to know because mmm I’m just so curious about you. Why you look so blue today? Is there any friend that hurt you? Just tell me. I promise I’ll keep it secret.”

“I don’t wanna tell anything to you.” She was staring at Damar.

“Why?”

“You have no rights to know everything about me!” Exclaimed Diana.

“Yes I know, I just want to help you.”

“I think I just waste my time here, so let me go. Don’t make me angry with you. Excuse me.” Diana left Damar that still stared at her. Actually, she wanted to tell her problems to him, but she was still in doubt. She cried after that, cannot hold the burden in her heart.

*****
Diana’s family was not so harmonious like had used to be because her father, Mr. Arifiawan, had been a jobless. He just had been fired from his work because the company where he worked had been closed down. Diana’s mother, Mrs. Arifiawan, often fights with his husband because he did not care with Diana since he had been fired. Diana’s mother worked as a teacher of vocational high school. She worked very hard to make her family survive even though her husband lost his spirit. She wanted Diana to be a successful person in her life. Diana was the only hope for her. She would keep Diana safe forever. That’s a mother. Her affection will never be ended.
One night, Diana and her parents were having dinner together. The situation was very silent. Diana seemed could not say anything to open the conversation with her parents. And finally, her mother opened it.

“Well, how’s life today, Diana?” Asked Mrs. Arifiawan.

“Not too terrible, Mom.” Answered Diana.

“Really? But your face seems lying.”

“No need to worry about my face.”

“I wonder why?”

“Just go to eat, Mom.”

Suddenly, Diana’s father was asking something important for Diana.

“Do you interest about English?”

Diana directly was staring at his father.

“How do you know, Dad?”

“I ask you. I don’t tell you that you interest about English. So I haven’t known it yet.” said her father sensitively.

“I’m sorry, Dad. I didn’t mean to…”

“Okay, it’s over. I’m going to my room now.” Mr. Arifiawan interrupted Diana’s talk and he left the dining room. Diana and her mother just could let him go. Diana was still wondering why her father suddenly asked like that to her. Diana thought that her father began to care about her.

Continue to part 2
                                 
By: Anna Amanda